Epilogue

Saturday, October 16, 2010

The crazy things children do with their prosthetic legs

I was upstairs earlier this morning getting Sheldon dressed when Miles called to me from downstairs. I went down to see what he needed and saw him looking very apprehensive at the bottom of the stairs. Naturally, I wonder what he's gotten into this time. He stated, "Mommy, I dropped my liner in the toilet." Come again? My first question after that popped into my head was, "Was the toilet clean when you dropped it?" Luckily, the answer to that was yes. So, I found myself fishing his liner out of the toilet. What makes this particular incident even better is that this is currently his only liner. We've been having quite a few problems with his liners lately and are currently waiting for a new one to be shipped. Dropping his liner in the toilet is just one of many little accidents we've encountered. A few weeks ago, he managed to get a chestnut stuck in the prosthetic knee and popped a piece of it off. I may be only one of a select few who can say her child has tried to use his leg as a nutcracker. Although, he swears he didn't put it in there. Excluding the possibility of a rogue squirrel, I'm going to have to assume it was him. What can you do when encountering situations such as these but laugh?
Also, an update on a running leg for Miles. Robert visited to Center for the Intrepid yesterday in San Antonio. This is where wounded soldiers go for rehabilitation and prosthetics after being injured. He asked around about avenues we could possibly explore in our pursuit to obtain a running leg. We've gotten a couple leads, so we'll have to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment